I had to pray that I would wake up in time. I had to get over thinking that the whole world was pointing and laughing at the fat girl walking. I had to be determined to just do. But, I did it.
Here’s the deal:
- I had to decide that my heart, mind, and body are important enough for me to do whatever it takes to get them healthier.
- What I think and what God thinks are so much more important than what anyone else thinks.
- No one is looking at me nearly as much as I think they are. Plus, why do I care what complete strangers driving by will think, if they notice at all.
- My plan is to be consistent over small things in order to make changes happen. “It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- If I’m going to ask my clients to do the work, I have to do the work, too.
So how about you?
- What’s the seemingly small thing that you just need to do? How can you make that happen?
- What tiny things are making the change seem insurmountable?
- How’s that New Year’s resolution going? How can you get back on track?
The time is now to make the changes that you’ve been dreaming of making. Dreaming won’t make it happen; action will.
“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.